Required Module: DATAFLOW Document
The DATAFLOW Designer application allows to export any diagram as image in PNG format. In order to do this, follow the steps shown below.
Image Export Steps
- Open a Project in the DATAFLOW Designer
- Select the Home ribbon and click Export. In the Drop Down, select 'As an Image'.
As an alternative, press Ctrl + Shift + X on the keyboard has the same effect.
- Select a location and file name.
The file name is automatically generated based on the namespace of the edited element. This ensures that each exported image for a project has an unique name. The proposed name can be changed if required.
- The image is exported and opened in the windows image viewer
The exported image can now be embedded in any document.
Differences between exported image and diagram:
- The grid will always be disabled in the exported image
- A border is added
- The name of the parent component is added in the top right corner
- The color of the border is the same as the color of the parent component
- The exported image will always contain all diagram elements, regrdless of the current viewport shown in the editor
In V1.6 there is no configuration that affects the image export.
This Article has been written based on V1.6.1 of the DATAFLOW Designer software.
Latest update 2022-03-31 by WUM.