We have already prepared the "Hello Word" example for you. Please follow these simple steps to try out the "Hello World" example on your computer.
Download Trial Version
Download the latest DATAFLOW Trial Version here.
This article - guides you through the DATAFLOW installation process.
Download the "Hello World" Example here.
- Unzip the downloaded file on your hard drive
- Double click the «Hello World - Studio.dfs» file from the “Hello World – Studio“ folder to open the project
- Confirm the message about the missing «SDK»
Install the Missing SDK
- Install the missing “SDK”
- Go to the File Ribbon
a. Select Options
b. Select “SDK” from the Options menu
c. Press “Install SDK”
d. Select the SDK file “Hello World Simulation_V0.sdk” from the zip-file and click on “Open”
Figure 1 - Install Missing SDK
Hello World Example
Figure 2 - Hello World Example - Model Diagrams
- Open the “Build” Ribbon
- The “Run Configuration” (framed green) is pre-selected
Figure 3 - Selected Run Configuration
- Press the “Compile” button in the Build Ribbon.
Figure 4 - Compile Hello World Example
Pressing the “Compile” button uses the built in GNU Toolchain for Windows. This Toolchain compiles the generated files and provides an executable in the defined output folder.
Run the Simulation
To run the simulation press the “Run” button in the “Build” Ribbon.
Figure 5 - Run Simulation
- Start the application that was compiled before
- Start the DATAFLOW Simulator application.
- Load the defined simulation in the Simulator application
- Connect the simulation to the simulation server
- Make the application start communicating with the server
- Start the logging of interactions between the application and the server
Figure 35 - Server Log - Communication between Server and Application
Enjoy the result an turn the LED on or off.